Classic PC Game 7th Guest Coming to iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

alchemy69

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
This brings back some memories. I remember seeing 7th guest running as a demo in a computer shop in London's Tottenham Court Road and it was the first time I ever considered the PC as a potential gaming machine to replace the Atari ST that I was still using back then.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Fantastic, iOS is proving it's gaming credentials by pushing out gaming titles that were huge when Bill Clinton took office, David Koresh burnt 76 followers to death at Waco and Microsoft releases Windows 3.11 For Workgroups.

Magical and revolutionary my ass!

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Fantastic, iOS is proving it's gaming credentials by pushing out gaming titles that were huge when Bill Clinton took office, David Koresh burnt 76 followers to death at Waco and Microsoft releases Windows 3.11 For Workgroups.Magical and revolutionary my ass![/citation]

Two words - "Epic Citadel". Now quit raging because Android isn't getting these games first (if ever).

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Two words - "Epic Citadel". Now quit raging because Android isn't getting these games first (if ever).[/citation]
Who cares about that either?
Try to get games that were at least made in this millenium and I may have my interest level rise above it's current status of "apathy"

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Fantastic, iOS is proving it's gaming credentials by pushing out gaming titles that were huge when Bill Clinton took office, David Koresh burnt 76 followers to death at Waco and Microsoft releases Windows 3.11 For Workgroups.Magical and revolutionary my ass![/citation]

Cause Mist or the 11th hour were too graphic intensive.

[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Two words - "Epic Citadel". Now quit raging because Android isn't getting these games first (if ever).[/citation]

All ''portable'' revolutionary device are equally useless for gaming. Go play Angrybird or farmville would you.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I still have this games, 7th guest, 11th Hour, Phantasmogoria, Clandestiny, and tons of other great games, saddly they won't run on windows 7.

What I would like is an OS that could be trully compatible with ALL games/software all the way back to DOS, win95, win98 and XP.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
I hope it plays just like the first; endless load times for very brief video cutscenes and annoying disk swapping when you get about half way into the game... Ah the good old days.

saturnus

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

What are you talking about? iOS releases one classic PC game, so what? The are thousands of classic PC games available for android via Flash.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]drwho1[/nom]I still have this games, 7th guest, 11th Hour, Phantasmogoria, Clandestiny, and tons of other great games, saddly they won't run on windows 7. What I would like is an OS that could be trully compatible with ALL games/software all the way back to DOS, win95, win98 and XP.[/citation]
You do realise that this is not the original 7th Guest, it is a port.
If they wanted to put 7th Guest on Windows 7 they could do it, even without a port, using Dosbox.
The reason why they don't is because even though it was a "great game" back in the day, the fact is 17 years later it is just shit.
Good, modern games, either iOS and it's hardware can handle it or not.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]saturnus[/nom]What are you talking about? iOS releases one classic PC game, so what? The are thousands of classic PC games available for android via Flash.[/citation]

When is epic citadel (or whatever the game is going to be called) coming out for android? Rage? That's right, they aren't :(

Have fun pirating classic games on a half-functional version of flash.

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
i remember buying this game with another game "The 11th Hour"

i donno where the CDs are so... *looking for a torrent*

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
call me when it can play halo in the next few years. otherwise don't bother, 7th gate sucked, oregon trail was more fun and x-wing and descent came about not long after. but ea sports games for the super nintendo were where it was at in the early to mid 90's

G

It was a great game and I normally dont play that type of games. The audio-side was very well made also and game included on a CD you could play. alot of wierd mood-setting digital music but also a great singing piece at the end :)

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]drwho1[/nom]I still have this games, 7th guest, 11th Hour, Phantasmogoria, Clandestiny, and tons of other great games, saddly they won't run on windows 7. What I would like is an OS that could be trully compatible with ALL games/software all the way back to DOS, win95, win98 and XP.[/citation]

DosBox does wonders for playing old games on newer OS's. Its can be a little tricky to setup sometimes, but once you have it down pat, its a breeze for playing these old classic.
And if thats not for you, you never know, GoG might release an updated version.

Status
Not open for further replies.