Lenovo X201 Supervisor password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom29

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Hi , ive forgot the supervisor password for my lenovo X201 , i need to reinstall windows but cannot due to the external dvd rw being in the "excluded devices" section.

I have been having a read around and so far i think my best bet is to pay for a service to remove the password on ebay.

I was looking at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANZjUPUYE7s&feature=player_detailpage

Although its not for the x201 i had a try and the board is completely different (even though he says it will work reading the comments.

I was wondering if there was any other way of doing it other than buying one of the devices that read the chip.

Thankyou

Helping people crack passwords is against forum policy.

If you are the original owner of the laptop, then you should contact Lenovo and ask them for support. If you bought it directly through Lenovo, then they should have a record of your purchase. If you bought it from a retailer/e-tailer, then as long as you registered the laptop at Lenovo, then they will have you on record as being the legitimate owner.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

How do you forget a password you need every time you access the system?

Dom29

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

Supervisor password: limited bios acess , do you go into your bios everytime you turn on your laptop? Or do you simply not have the knowledge to differ between a supervisor password and a user/hdd password?

If that's the case why bother replying ? Or were you trying to be smart, so everybody on the rest of the forum gave you a pat on the back ?

danny2000

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010

It must be the bios password and to repeat Jaguarskx' quote:

"jaguarskx

Helping people crack passwords is against forum policy.

If you are the original owner of the laptop, then you should contact Lenovo and ask them for support. If you bought it directly through Lenovo, then they should have a record of your purchase. If you bought it from a retailer/e-tailer, then as long as you registered the laptop at Lenovo, then they will have you on record as being the legitimate owner."

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Sorry we can't help you. To do so is against forum rules. The only advice that can be given has been provided. Contact Lenovo and be prepared to provide proof of ownership.

BTW, your problem takes less than 5 minutes to resolve. Also, by no means did I intend to insult the OP. However, this is the sort of password a legitimate owner should not forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.