Help me pick a gaming laptop

higa0502

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
I want the most beastly gaming laptop i can get for $2000. Something reliable that will not crap out on me within a year. Any suggestions?

higa0502

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
1) What is your budget? Max $2400

2) What size notebook would you prefer? Touch screen most preferably HD

3) Where will you buying this notebook? US

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? Gaming

5) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? Both, mainly leaving it at home.

6) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games? Everything

7) What OS do you prefer? Windows 8

Screen Specifics

8) From the choices below, what screen resolution(s) would you prefer? 1920*1080 preferably.

9) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen? Glossy/reflective screen

Build Quality and Design

10) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? No

11) When are you buying this laptop? As soon as possible.

12) How long do you want this laptop to last? Minimum 3 years.

Notebook Components

13) How much hard drive space do you need? Do you want a SSD drive? HD size doesn't matter, SSD - Yes

14) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a DVD Burner, Blu-ray Reader or Blu-Ray Burner? No

natoco

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
Wait for haswell, then make sure it has a descrete gpu with as many core/shaders as you can get in the thing for 2400, even then a 1k desktop would be 3x the performance :/ Games require huge gpu power, that power creates a lot of heat, somthing that a laptop cant escape from unfortunatly