iPad is Truly Magic, Revolutionary for Disabled Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
While I'm not a fan of the iPad per-say, its more the company that I dislike than its products.

Good for the kid, its always nice to see a story like this. Hope the kid keeps on defying expectations.

thesupermedium

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
[citation][nom]zubai[/nom]IF the boy gets a Galaxy Tab, I doubt there will be any news coverage about it.[/citation]

That's because the Galaxy tab sucks. Even Google said Android 2.2 isn't meant for tablets.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]shovenose[/nom]um, i wouldnt call it inexpensive, if its so inexpensive can you buy me 6 of them plz?[/citation]

An iPad isn't cheap compared to a generic entertainment device. However, it's dirt cheap compared to many input devices for the handicapped.

Please don't drag everything into the absurd.

dapneym

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
[citation][nom]shovenose[/nom]um, i wouldnt call it inexpensive, if its so inexpensive can you buy me 6 of them plz?[/citation]

I think Marcus means the iPad is inexpensive relative to the improvement in quality of life it has provided to Owen and his family. If it really has helped them that much, then I say that's great.

woofster

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
This is a true testament to the simplicity and astounding design of the iPad. This kid can't operate a mouse, yet an iPad is possible and has changed his life - probably quite significantly for the better.

Apples business ethos may be questionable by producing products with significant flaws and improving on them bit by bit to generate maximum revenues, however the touch interface is significantly superior to its competitors in some (not all) ways.

I say well done Apple!

buddhav1

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
For those of you knocking this article, I hope you get some terrible disease and are forced to use an iPad to check tom's. Bet you won't be griping about the price then, will you?

Shut up about your Droid>Apple crap, this isn't about that. Be happy for the damn kid, you egotistical assholes.

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
I don't think this is an apple victory. He could have an andriod based tablet and achieve the same thing.

However, it's good to see the young kid wearing a smile

jrnyfan

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
as many have stated, it's not the products that are distasteful per say, it's the company and how they choose to buisness that is distasteful.

servarus

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
[citation][nom]AMW1011[/nom]While I'm not a fan of the iPad per-say, its more the company that I dislike than its products.Good for the kid, its always nice to see a story like this. Hope the kid keeps on defying expectations.[/citation]
Totally agreed... I hope the best for the kid.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Given all the money that Apple sucked from consumers from their overpriced products. It's hightime they set up a fund to donate an Ipad to all the needy disabled person. It'll generate some good karma for themselves. Say 100,000 units of IPAD foc. That'll will give them really good publicity also.

And i wish the kid live a long and fulfilling life.

Status
Not open for further replies.