Need a new gaming laptop, budget around $600-$800 or so.

alaskancouple

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
My HP is getting a little long in the tooth and has been having some performance issues. I am not in a super big rush and have no problem ordering online, but only if a place doesn't gouge me for shipping to Alaska.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

I guess I should say that 17" is pretty much a must, I don't really know what else to look for, thanks :)

Tacominator

Estimable
Sep 9, 2015
I would recommend you to read specs your self, here's how:
Processor: IntelCore i7 is best, would recommend it going below i5
Operating System: Just the system, like windows 8 or 7
Chipset: You need to learn which type but most decent laptop have a good chipset so that's ok
Memory: Also need to learn what type, just read how much it is up to, the higher the better
Display: You know, how big the screen is, 1920x1080 is already very good
Graphic: Different types also, but this is vital, so you still have to learn it, there's 2 kinds which are good, but i recommend nvidia. to read nvidia, the higher the number better.
Storage: Around 1TB is enough
Optical drive: But discs you can insert
Card reader: how much SD MMC card readers
Camera: Just cameras
Networking: Best if it have bluetooth v4.0, others are basically wi fi connecting, all of them are good
Interface: How much usb ports or mic/headphone jack, or card readers, easy to understand
Audio: How the audio comes out if u have no headphone to pass it out instead, normally have speakers on them
Battery: The more cells the longer battery life, but heavier
Power adapter: Information on the charging thing (aka the power adapter just in case you don't understand)
Dimension: Length and Width
Weight: How heavy

For that amount of money, I would recommend looking up some asus laptop as they are very good and aren't overpriced.

Tacominator

Estimable
Sep 9, 2015

It really depends on what build you want. A Nvidia 880 could about run medium graphics 60 fps on gta v i think.
My one, the Nvidia 970 can run gta v in high about 50-70 fps.