Is it safe to purchase a laptop from HP Home & Home Office Store?!?

warpvelocity

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Note: Don't know why my 1st post redirects and I get a flood attempt message.

I don't have much time before I need to make a purchase on this laptop since there's a 15% off promo going on that ends today. But after reading the reviews from resellerratings, my heart sort of dropped on purchasing from the HP store. But the price for the laptop & it's specs is sort of a steal compared to something similar from Dell or Newegg, and it's right on being my perfect laptop (besides the slow hard drive speed but that can be overlooked). I also hate how HP charges you right away after the order is confirmed and not when the item actually arrives safely on your doorsteps. That kind of flips me off. But Dell does that too... makes me real fishy when companies do that. So grubby for money. Anyhoo, this is the laptop:
dv6t-7000
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 650M Graphics with 2GB GDDR 5 video memory
FREE Upgrade to 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
FREE Upgrade to 640GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
Display 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD Anti-glare LED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080)
Keyboard Backlit Keyboard with numeric keypad
For $805 with tax. Is it decent for gaming? I don't do anything hardcore. The only worry is I have trouble reading small text so will there be options for me to increase text size and all without losing quality or something on the 1920 x 1080 screen?

warpvelocity

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
You guys are SO awesome for being such a help... I bought it anyway 'cause I wasn't going to put off this offer. I will however report back to this thread if I receive it on time and in flawless condition or just for fair warnings to future consumers. Hope I won't have to do that though.

BwwwJ1st

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
I didn't see your post until now. I have ordered 2 laptops, 4 desktops, and 3 color laser printers from HP in the last 5 years. I have received all by the estimated delivery date and in good condition.