Imaging devices gone in device manger and integrated camera not working

ambidextrose89

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
i have a neo basic notebook and the built-in camera stops working. It happens after i disassemble the notebook to clean the dust from the inside. The camera socket has 5twisted wires, check it 3 times and as i see it is properly inserted to the socket in the motherboard when i assembled, everything is working fine except for the integrated camera. it has a function key Fn+F10 to power up the camera but it doesnt work. I checked device manager and i noticed that imaging device is gone.
I reinstall the camera driver downloaded a new installer from the manufacturers website. But still it doesnt work.
Could it be that the camera is dead?
Any idea to repair/fix the camera?

Neo basic B3350 Notebook
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 32bit

phil22

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
If it's not shown in Device Manager, either by name or as an "unknown device", it typically means the camera or it's wiring/connections are faulty, so Windows cannot detect it. Essentially, it doesn't exist as far as Windows is concerned.

ambidextrose89

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012

thanks for the reply.
but i notice something is not working and its on the keyboard.
the laptop built-in camera has power function to turn in on using the Fn+F10 combination to power on/off.
since "Fn" key works fine by trying to increase volume using Fn+F6 and yes it did work well.
so i did a test to check if F10 is working using the browser, by pressing the F10 on screen browser but nothing happened, normally by pressing F10 in an open browser ex. Firefox ,it should shows up the tab menus above.(if im not mistaken).

is there any way/s that i can use Fn+F10 without using the keyboard? (and by the way i already tried to use the on screen keyboard but no luck it doesn't work.)
any other idea without replacing the keyboard., please help. thanks