Digital storm good????

gummybear_qc

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
So I was checking for a gaming laptop and I found Alienware. Then I found this site digitalstormonline.com I was wondering if its a trustable company. Like if they legit and all.

bigshootr8

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Well what may help in helping you is to know what is your prince range what are you looking to spend and what are you looking to get from your laptop I know gaming but the nitty gritty.

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
never heard of them but i dont recommend unless you heard from other people or friends that bought it form that website... go to this website: PriceWatch.COM or Newegg.com these two are popular website, in pricewatch.com there's lots of links to different websites so dont be afraid of them... Newegg.com is by far one of the most popular website to buy from, also you should check out NCIX.COM it's also known to many buyer...

bigshootr8

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
I wouldn't think they would be a scam they have been around for a while now. I see them in magazines all the time well computer magazines. The only thing in question is quality/parts but that is something one would need to do prior to purchase. It's normally a good idea to have a real clear picture of what you are buying and to read testimonials from other purchasers.

bigshootr8

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Seems a bit pricey to me but at that form factor I would say building a pre-built computer that is a fair price given the screen size and graphics you have in that thing. I'm a little disappointed that they didn't include a SSD with it. It looks like they put it through the ringer so I'd say the quality control is probably quite high.

bigshootr8

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Yea you get a decent product from them I mean in the future you can upgrade and get a ssd placed in there its a good laptop don't get me wrong its just hard to swallow the almost 2k price tag :p

bigshootr8

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Well based on what the testimonials from digital storm I really liked what people had to say. I'm sure those other companies are good but so is the machine he has in front of him. Although the xotic pc prices are really good. Ava has me a little confused because they have brands like msi tagged to there product so it makes me think its not an actual product from them.

samuelspark

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011

What they actually do is they buy it from the original manufacturer, and then make custom mods to your order and then add a fee, and send it to you. Same thing with Xotic