Ipad 4 vs ipad 3 pdf rendering performance

blizzard88

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Hi guys, I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience using both the ipad 3 and 4 on pdf reading apps like iAnnotate or goodreader? Coz I noticed that the 3 was a bit slower than the 2 in rendering pages, and I read that it was because of the screen resolution which was more demanding on the CPU. Now with the a6x upgrade, does anyone know if its improved, and by how much? Is it noticeably faster? or pretty much insignificant?

I have an ipad 3 and I use it mainly for school, and most of our notes and books are in pdf form. I'm wondering if it will be worth the upgrade or not? I don't care for games or do video editing. Well at least for now, nor do I imagine myself doing so anytime.

I mean, I am more or less happy with the way the ipad 3 works except for the occasional blank screen while it renders pages, but if I could get significantly faster load times with the 4, I wouldn't mind upgrading

Thanks for your feedback!

Solution
Well the ipad 4 I believe has an A6 processor, while the ipad 3 I believe has an A5 processor. Obviously the 4 would be faster, and Apple is boasting speeds 2x of that of the ipad 3

foshizz

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Well the ipad 4 I believe has an A6 processor, while the ipad 3 I believe has an A5 processor. Obviously the 4 would be faster, and Apple is boasting speeds 2x of that of the ipad 3

Solution