Seeking a laptop to do digital art on.

javapup

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help me find a decent cheap laptop for drawing on, watching movies and maybe light gaming?

1. What is your budget? 400$ I know it's not much, but I hope I can upgrade the laptop maybe later on if I can.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Any size

3. What screen resolution do you want? The best I can get for the price

4. Do you need a portable or a desktop replacement laptop? Portable. My old laptop is an Asus EEE 1000

5. How much battery life do you need? Doesn't matter I'll keep it plugged in.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Assassins creed or Starcraft 2 either low or medium. Though the medium setting would be awesome.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I do digital art with photoshop and paint tool sai.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Doesn't matter
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
If it could be in California that would be nice, but any website is good.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as I can

13. What country do you live in?
United States

-------------------

I know it's not much money to work with so it doesn't have to do everything. I would just like the best for my parents' budget if possible.

Solution
Save a little while longer. Graphic intensive laptops sweet spot is around $800. An I5 and discrete graphics cards are the starting values.

cbrunnem

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010
doubt you will get much help. thats not a lot of money too work with. double that then you might be in better shape. that would be my advice. wait and save up more money so you buy something that will actually be efficient at what you want it to do instead of being slow the whole time.

javapup

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
I know it's not much it's all my parents are willing to spend so I was going to try and upgrade it with my own funds later on. I was just curious if there was one out there that anyone knew of.