Asus G74 ssd stopped working

azed3000

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Hey guys, ive ran into a bit of a problem, my ssd(main drive) on my laptop stopped working (as the name suggested), i wasnt really doing much, just doing some downloading when the laptop just restarted. It then booted off my 2nd Hdd and didnt recognize my ssd which is the main drive. So i took out the ssd from the laptop and plugged it into my desktop and it worked fine. So i plugged it back into my laptop and now the SSD does work but my secondary HDD doesnt, it only shows the intel ssd in the bios. Can anyone tell me whats going on?? Has the sata 3 controller burnt out or something? Its a fairly new laptop, around 3 months. I have left the laptop on the whole night but i highly doubt that caused the problem since i run computers 24/7 all the time. Ran my old laptop 4 days straight without a problem. Any help would be much appreciated! =)

cl-scott

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
If it's only three months old, I'd recommend sending it in for an RMA. There's at least a good chance there's an issue with the motherboard, and you're only going to get that fixed via an RMA.

azed3000

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012

The second hdd didnt work cause i forgot to plug in the sata cable, however its still stuffing up, the ssd worked for about 3 or so hours then it freezes and the computer restarts, booting off the 2nd drive, could this be the ssd or the laptop?? Its an intel ssd, one of the most reliable ssds out there.

Cheers for the reply, i still have warranty from the place i bought it so maybe they are willing to do an exchange.