Which laptop brand is best

Which laptop brand is best in overall performance among these!

• Dell

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Hp

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Acer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toshiba

• Lenova

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Sony

• Samsung

• Compaq

• IBM

• Fujitsu

• Total voters
IBM does not sell laptops anymore. They sold their ThinkPad division to Lenovo back in 2006 or so. From a business laptop perspective, the ThinkPad T series is still amongst the best. However, when that brand name was part of IBM, the ThinkPad T series was without a doubt the best business laptop you could buy back then.

For overall performance, you need to look at individual laptops.

Hi :)

Wrong question...PERFORMANCE is all about HOW MUCH you pay NOT make....

Which is best long term is a better question....

I sell both new and reconditioned laptops and my answer would be Sony...

All the best Brett :)

geofelt

Distinguished
Are you talking about gaming performance or what?
For low end gaming, a AMD based laptop will have decent graphics.
But for fast action games, you are looking at a more expensive discrete graphics chip.

From a quality point of view, the IBM thinkpad units were very good.
The current Lenovo thinkpad line is good.

Display quality from Apple might be the best.
Display quality will depend on the particular display, and it's size.

From a cpu processing capability, most laptops with sandy or ivy bridge duo's or better will be best.

Bar none, a SSD is the biggest performance improver for general use.

It is more complicated than just a simple brand poll.

MC_K7

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2008
I'm a big fan of Dell laptops, they have good design and good cooling and they're usually very reliable. And if problems occur, I think Dell have the best customer service.

game junky

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Dell and HP is among the best bang for your buck in terms of performance. In terms of best performance, I am thinking OriginPC and the Razer Blade are amongst the best.

dansgas1000

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

Dell support have terrible English skills. But yeah they can help well.

With the exception of Samsung and Lenovo's Thinkpad line, none of those companies you have listed actually make laptops. I'm not sure about Samsung and Lenovo's Thinkpad line either.

Nearly all laptops are made by ODMs - original design manufacturers. They're the ones who actually design and manufacture the laptop. They slap a brand name label on it, and ship it to the brand, who sells it to you. The problem is most brands buy from multiple ODMs, so it's impossible to know who is actually making the laptop you're buying.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_laptop_brands_and_manufacturers#Original_Design_Manufacturers_.28ODMs.29

The only thing comparing brand names is good for is figuring out how good your aftermarket service will be. Brand says next to nothing about build quality or performance.

ambereyes

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012

Actually I have 2 questions.

1. which one is best in both gaming and overall entertainment, watching online movies so n so...

2. I wanted to know if someone has to choose a notebook among 5 or 6 brands having same specifications which brand one would go for or rely, which is the most trust worthy.