Acer aspire 5755g

atul667

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
I am guessing you already bought this laptop. Do you have any overheating issues? Acer 5755G has serious overheating issues after a year of use. Because of that, the laptop starts throttling and we barely get 1/4th of its performance. I own this laptop and I am struggling with it. Acer support is not responding to this problem. This laptop is great for normal use, but not for gaming cause the fan never runs at full speed when it's under load(gaming).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Fan-Control-Problems-With-5750G-And-similar-machines/td-p/12555

Atul667, that is a rather enlightening article you posted. I would think changing your thermal compound would be the ticket here. There may be videos on youtube for disassembly for your model or you can take it to a local shop that can change the thermal compound for you. It just might bring some life back to your machine

atul667

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013

Changing the thermal compound will not solve this problem. It may decrease the temp a little but the fan speed will not be affected. I am looking for a way to control the fan. SpeedFan can't solve this problem. And also, opening this laptop and getting till the fan and heatsink is a pain.

Talch

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
After 1 year of heavy usage it really has serious heating problem (mine was going up to 90°C according to SpeedFan)...
I didn't manage to find a way to change the internal fan speed...I tried a lot of programs, but nothing useful..
I solved opening it, removing the dust with an air compressor and adding 2 cooler master fans below (this one) + one of those side air pulling fans (it gave me around -3°C).

Now I get to play without any problems to AC III blackflag, FarCry 3 and other heavy stuff reaching maximum 60-70°C.

I still didn't try to change the thermal compound (it's really a pain to reach it), but I bet it would decrease even more the heating.

smajurin

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014

There is a fan speed program that is for the Acer aspire 575 with windows 7. I found it on the Acer forums in an article regarding fan speeds and overheating. Ive been using it and u can force ur fan to maximum speed with a click of a button.

ftp://ftp2.acer-euro.com/notebook/aspire_5750G/fan/FanController_V1.0.0.3.zip
ftp://ftp2.acer-euro.com/notebook/aspire_5750G/fan/SOP_AS5750G_Fan_Control_Utility.pdf