Brand new laptop freezing+error report

Red7x

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Alright, so I posted before here to get advice on starting up my new laptop. Now it randomly freezes. OS is w7 x64, I installed all drivers from the cd provided along with the laptop, but the realtek drive has an error while installing, along with another drive, Hotkey AP. Here is the report:
Codice di errore: -5005 : 0x8000ffff
Informazioni sull'errore:
>Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (95)
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1494)
pAPP:Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
PVENDOR:Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
PGUID:f132af7f-7bca-4ede-8a7c-958108fe7dbc
$11.50.0.42618
@Windows XP Service Pack 1 (7601) IE 8.0.7601.17514
Any clues on what to do?

wanderer11

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Download the realtek driver from their website. Don't use drivers on discs if you can help it since they are always outdated. Also, if that doesn't work take it back.

Red7x

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012

By the way, just to be sure, do you know which of these is the right one for me? I downloded the 2nd from the list, starting up.

Red7x

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
I do not know if posting again would break posting rules but I really need help so I need to update my status: installing new realtek drivers seemed to make it stop freeze, untill 5 minutes ago it froze again... Upon restarting, sometimes this comes up:
Realtek PCIe gbe family controller series v2.47 (04/20/12)
PXE-E61 media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F:exiting pxe rom

reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key
I really do not know what is going on here that cuses all these problems, any help would be appreciated since I spent 2000 eur on this new laptop.

wanderer11

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Did you delete the old realtek driver before installing the new one? If so it is time to return the laptop before the return period is up.

Red7x

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Alright, so in hopes of resolving the issue alone (afterall I bought the pc all the way from Canada, I live in Italy, so if it's possible I'll do what I can alone in hope I won't need to return it, but the situation is dire) I made a clean install of w7, and installed the drivers provided in the dvd along with my laptop. Unfortunately I can't install the nvidia drivers (I have two gtx 670mx in sli) as they say during installation that it could not find compatible graphics hardware. What the hell...
Anyways, to answer you, as I did a clean install the drivers got deleted as well, and realtek drivers specifically have not shown any issue so far. The laptop is new-arrived here 2 days ago and have since then tried to solve the issues... Returning it would be my last option, if you guys think that is the better choice, I will do it, though this sucks...

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
Did you install all the Intel drivers?

You usually want to start with those and then install the rest.

Cheers!

Red7x

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Thanks Yuka.
I installed all the drivers provided in the dvd, in the order displayed on the guide, which would be: chipset,lan,cardreader,touchpad,hot key,usb 3.0,intel mei,audio,vga (nvidia),pc camera,wlan,fingerprint reader,bluetooth,trusted platform module,intel rapid storage and rapid start technology.
However when I try to install vga drivers it says it couldn't find compatible hardware, same for wlan drivers.
Upon controlling device manager both network controller (code 28) and the vga graphics adapter (code 10)show problems, as both can't seem to function properly.
I'd like to add that there's no more freezing due to outdated/bad drivers

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
Ok, for the video drivers go to nvidia's page and download theirs. Even if they are in beta state, do it anyway.

For the network controller, the driver could still be inside the DVD (same for the video one, but better from the source), but the version for it in the assistant is not the correct one. So, you have 2 choices. Go to the Clevo page and look around for them or dig inside the DVD for the correct WLAN driver.

Cheers!

Red7x

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
there is another issue I've had to cope with, the realtek pcie gbe family controller. PXE-E61 media test failure, check cable
does it mean there is some issue with my ssd or os?
by the way, the wlan driver seems to be installed and actually the network controller driver is nowhere to be found inside the dvd: wireless connection worked fine before I made the clean install (that's when my issues with both vga and network controller started) and now I experienced some freezing/high pitching sound again.
I will download the nvidia drivers from another computer and see what happens

Red7x

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Partition starting offset is 1048.576 bytes, that means it is fine.
I will contact the seller and ask for support,but at this point I am not very confident they will solve the issue, so I am already crossing my fingers for a refund....... Shipping expenses will be a nightmare