Where and how much to sell my Toshiba laptop

phaedramour

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
I'm getting a new laptop for Xmas and since my current PC is working perfectly I would like to sell it instead of stuffing it in a box and forgetting all about it. It is a Toshiba Portege, and I have it for less than 4 years. When I first bought it the price was £1,100 and it is still a good laptop so I'd feel bad If I just gave it away for parts. It is in good condition, has a touch screen, an intel core 2 duo 2.1 mhz chip, 2 gb ram, 120 hd, 12 inch 360degrees rotating screen among other things. I tried gumtree and craigslist but not ebay (because of the fees). Also, the price i set is £500 which is less than half from what i bought it. I could drop the price more but i think this is pretty fair for the specific laptop. Any ideas on where to list it, if there is a chance of anyone buying it to use it (even though it is a 4 years old model) and whether I should drop the price or just keep it for myself?

Thanks in advance, Faidra

Labrynthian

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
You'll have to put it on a refurbished list, for it to sell. £500 may be all right. Keep it on the list at £500 for a while before reducing its price. The problem is, for £500, people would much rather get a new, more advanced/modern laptop, as opposed to buying a used one. Personally, I think if you really want to sell it, you're going to have to settle for around £350 or less. In spite of it being in good condition, it is a relatively old model and has been around for some time now. Your first choice should be amazon UK. Last resort, Ebay.

phaedramour

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
Hi, thanks for the reply. I didn't know one can use Amazon! Unfortunately my product is not listed anymore so I can't really do that. Anyway, I had a few responses but didn't work out. I think I'll just drop the price more in order to sell it coz recycling just doesn't feel right! Thanks again!