How to get recovery discs for HP 650?

mouskydude

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
Hey guys,i just brought a laptop for a friend and it has windows 8 on it.They want to have windows 7 on it and the windows 8 on a recovery disc so they can install later.I was wondering how would i get the recovery discs which reset the computer back to its factory state? I think i see somewhere that you can get a recovery cd and drivers cd sent to you as long as its within the 30 days of purchasing the laptop,is this true?

I bought the laptop from ebuyer brand new yesterdau, although it came with no cd's.

Also,how long should i charge the battery for on it first use? for 24 hours or until its charged. I remembered before you had to charge things for 24 hours on its first use,is this the same for new laptops?

My laptop is a HP 650 Intel celeron Notebook.

Thanks in advanced guys.

mouskydude

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
sorry about that,i ment it comes with windows 8 and i want to install windows 7 on to it for the time being.i have already purchased the windows 7 but would like to get recovery cd's for the windows 8 that it came with just to be on the safe side and plus so i can change back to windows 8 in the future when i feel im more comfortable with the windows 8.

Thanks for reply daswilhelm,regards,mousky.

mouskydude

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
Big thanks for your help brett,i really appreciate +1. I was wondering,is there anyway to back up the partitions also? I have not even turned it on yet,so the partitions should be in the recovery state as it is now right?

So is there anyway i can back up the partitions,both the recovery partition (if it has one) and the other partitions it has?

Is there a bootable cd i can do this with and back it up to an external harddrive?

Although the harddrive i have is 320GB and the laptops harddrive is 500GB,but the file should be small because its brand new and it should just contain the windows 8 and the bundled software/drivers right?

Thanks guys.Have a great day.

Hi :)

If you CREATE the recovery discs and in future decide you want 8 back on, the discs WILL recreate your machine TOTALLY, partitions, files the lot...

All the best Brett :)