Battery Problems

rayjons19

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Guys need your help so in the last few months my Acer Aspire One D250 laptop is working fine but last week while i am charging it the orange light indicator is blinking and whenever I opened my laptop and view the battery information it says "Unknown Remaining" Do i need to update my bios? it runs fine when i'm using the a/c adapter. Is there a solution to the battery problem? Hope you can help

btw My OS is Windows XP SP2

Solution

all laptop batterys have a small eprom on them that the laptop reads. over time that eprom or the battery fails from age. most batterys last about a year if left in the laptop 24/7. i would look atthe spare part number on the battery and see if your local computer store has one in stock. if not look online for...

all laptop batterys have a small eprom on them that the laptop reads. over time that eprom or the battery fails from age. most batterys last about a year if left in the laptop 24/7. i would look atthe spare part number on the battery and see if your local computer store has one in stock. if not look online for the best price. just be care full of the non oem batterys on ebay and online that are a lot cheaper then the stock battery.

Solution