Advise For Buying Gaming Laptop

jimmy91

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Hi Guys,

I am in need of buying a mobile gaming config..... so after searching through web and different brands i am still not able to get a ideal gaming laptop.....i am totally confused.....so i need help from u guys choosing a laptop.
i found some so plz look at them

-Satellite S855-S5267--(Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM Processor)--(2GB DDR3 AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M Graphics)
-Satellite P850-ST3GX1--(Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Processor)--(2GB GDDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 630M)
-HP envy 6 series

other than that any other laptops from brand DELL, LENOVO , ASUS...

moreover i found that most of all the laptops have either nvidia GT 630M or AMD 7670..which one is best...And should i kgo for 2 GB DDR3 or 1 GB DDR5......my budget is around INR. 50000....i need a perfect gaming laptop...so plz suggest me such laptops..

bigcyco1

Honorable
Feb 11, 2012
Budget Gaming LaptopHP Pavilion dv6-7010
For those seeking a very affordable solution, this offering from Hewlett Packard is available for under $600 yet, in spite of the low price tag, it is still perfectly capable of playing many of the latest games. It includes a quad-core AMD processor, 6GB of memory and a 750GB hard drive. Graphics are powered by the Radeon HD 7640 chip which can run most current titles at low to medium settings.

Mid Range Gaming LaptopAcer Aspire V3-571G-9435
This laptop from Acer offers mid-range gaming performance at a budget price tag of just over $800. With a quad-core 3.3 GHz process, 6GB RAM and 500GB hard drive, it is perfectly capable of meeting the requirements of the casual gamer. Graphics performance is delivered by a dedicated GeForce GT 640M with 2GB of memory. It also offers all of the latest connectivity including USB 3.0 support, Wireless-N and Bluetooth 4.

Alienware Gaming LaptopAlienware AM11x-2894CSB
Alienware has long been at the forefront of PC gaming and its laptops do not disappoint either. For those wanting almost netbook-like portability without compromising on performance, this 11.6" laptop comes with a dual-core Intel processor, 4GB of memory and a dedicated GeForce 335M. It also comes with Alienware's customizable backlit keyboard and illuminated speaker grills. It is one of the more affordable solutions too, with prices at around $1000.
18 inch Gaming LaptopAlienware AM18X-8636BK
Alienware's top-end offering boasts an enormous 18" screen and enough power to run all current titles on high settings. It features a quad-core Intel processor which comes overclocked using Alienware's Turbo Boost technology. It also offers 8GB of memory and a 750GB hard disk drive. Graphics are provided by the high-end GeForce 560M with 1.5GB of dedicated memory. Such performance does come at a high cost, however, with this laptop weighing in at around $1800.
Quad Core Gaming Laptop
17 Samsung Series 7 Gamer NP700G7C-S01US
As its name suggests, this offering from Samsung is made entirely with gamers in mind. For those wanting gaming power to meet the requirements of even the most demanding of current titles, this $1745 laptop boasts a quad-core Intel processor, 16GB of memory, a 1.5TB hard drive and a high-end GeForce 675M dedicated graphics card. The 17.3" screen offers full high definition resolution and everything you need to enjoy your favorite games the way they were meant to be played.

Hi End Gaming LaptopASUS G75VW-AS71
This extremely high-spec laptop is designed entirely with gamers and power users in mind. A complete desktop replacement, this offering from Asus sacrifices a lot of portability for extreme power and a 17.3 inch screen. It also comes with a quad-core processor, an enormous 16GB of memory and a 750GB hard drive. Most importantly for gamers, however, it has a GeForce 660M graphics card with 2GB of dedicated graphics memory. Costs are around $1400.

jimmy91

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
Azn Cracker
can u recommend any DDR5 graphics card laptop around 1000$...........In short plz suggest me some good laptops to play the latest demanding games and upcoming games in somewhat medium to high settings...

With the exception of asus .......None of the manufacturers above actually "make" a laptop.

The vast majority of laptops on the market (94% in 2011) are manufactured by a small handful of Taiwan-based Original Design Manufacturers (ODM), although their production bases are located mostly in mainland China. Major relationships include:

Quanta sells to (among others) HP, Lenovo, Apple, Acer, Toshiba, Dell, Sony, Fujitsu and NEC
Compal sells to (among others) Acer, Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo and HP/Compaq
Wistron (former manufacturing & design division of Acer) sells to Dell, Acer, Lenovo and HP
Inventec sells to Toshiba, HP and Lenovo
Pegatron sells to Asus, Toshiba, Apple, Dell and Acer
Foxconn sells to Asus, Dell, HP and Apple
Flextronics (former Arima Computer Corporation notebook division) sells to HP

Before Dell bought Alienware to give it a presence in the high end gaming arena, Alienware laptops were based upon Clevo designs as are most of the other boutique gaming shops such as Sager, WidowPC, Falcon Northwest, etc. You can read about Clevo here:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/91510-clevo-guide-v2-0-faq-reseller-info.html

I have bought nothing bit Clevo / Sager laptops for the past 6 years, I prefer to be able to customize the laptop components to my specifications, appreciate dealing with an individual rather than a corporate "structure", the performance is top choice and the price is better than comparable equivalently configured "store brands".

For $1,000, I'd be looking at the Clevo W150ER (i5-3210M, nVidia 650M, 8 GB) which with an upgrade to a 750 GB Hybrid SSD / HD and Win7-64 home premium should come in at about $1,000 after MAX discount

http://www.lpc-digital.com/sager-np6165.html
http://www.lpc-digital.com/notebook-review-members-military-and-student-discounts.html