Asus broken LCD

Jaminet

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
My beautiful 6months old ASUS U56E-RBL6 laptop screen cracked for no reason. No accident of any kind but it just cracked. Where in NYC can I get the LCD replaced and about how much will it cost me. No Geek squad, they charged me $150 to remove virus. Pl help.
Thanks.

Solution
Hi Jaminet,

My name is Scott Billings, I work at Asus' Customer Loyalty group. While jaguarskx is correct, and this sort of thing is typically considered CID (Customer Induced Damage), given that it's such a new unit if you wanted to send it in for repair, I could waive the labor fee for you, leaving you responsible for only the cost of the parts.

If you would like to take me up on that offer send me a PM or email (email is probably going to be faster on the whole, but your choice) and I'll collect some particulars from you to set it up.

cl-scott

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Hi Jaminet,

My name is Scott Billings, I work at Asus' Customer Loyalty group. While jaguarskx is correct, and this sort of thing is typically considered CID (Customer Induced Damage), given that it's such a new unit if you wanted to send it in for repair, I could waive the labor fee for you, leaving you responsible for only the cost of the parts.

If you would like to take me up on that offer send me a PM or email (email is probably going to be faster on the whole, but your choice) and I'll collect some particulars from you to set it up.

Solution

Hi :)

That depends how much the screen costs even without labour... a screen only takes around 30 minutes to change and a 15.6 costs trade around £30 to £35...

If Asus charge a ridiculous amount... say over £50 or $80 ...its not a good deal...

And my laptop repair company changes hundreds of screens a year...

All the best Brett :)

Jaminet

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012

Yes, isn't that great! By BTW, I'm buying the Asus vivobook for $500 from best buy.