Which one of these two laptops???

Solution
I checked it out. The refurbished aspect of it could be a problem in terms of both functioning and warranty. If you're going to spend a few hundred dollars or something, especially equipment, it's always to better to get it brand new. It's specs are not bad for what you're looking for. The i5 seems to be able to run beyond 2Ghz, which is good. 4GB RAM and the intel HD graphics 3000 are also good enough to manage with.
All in all, the specs are decent, and the price is good. If you think this will suit your needs, then go for it. I only advise you to get a new one and NOT a refurbished one. :)

Labrynthian

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Hey, are you sure your prices are right? On the first link you've given, the price for the HP is $699.99... On the second link, the price of the Lenovo is $499...

Anyway, what is your budget? And more importantly, what are you going to use the laptops for? Based on the ones you've picked, you're definitely not going to do much gaming... It looks like you're looking for an ordinary, convenient laptop for your work and email...

Let me know your budget and laptop purpose, then we'll take it from there. :)

ginnai

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
I am looking to replace a netbook, so about $500 (although I would go up to 700) and very basic computing. Basic multitasking is really my only concern. It is basically a coffee house & airplane laptop.

Those prices are in store sales, pre black friday.

Thanks!!

ginnai

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
I am looking to replace a netbook, so about $500 (although I would go up to 700) and very basic computing. Basic multitasking is really my only concern. It is basically a coffee house & airplane laptop.

Thanks!!

ginnai

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009

Thanks!!

Labrynthian

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Ok so I took a look at a list of netbooks available. Most are from HP and Asus, ranging from around $200 to $600, and have dual core processors and around 10-13 inch screens. They are very simple laptops and aren't meant for anything over and above basic work/office functions.

Here is the site with the best netbooks available. Take a look at the spec details and decide what you want. I think the HP Pavilion dm1-4310nr will suit you just fine, although its around $700. Otherwise go for the Asus Eee PC 1025C at $490. These prices are market price and should also be lower pre black friday.

Labrynthian

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
I checked it out. The refurbished aspect of it could be a problem in terms of both functioning and warranty. If you're going to spend a few hundred dollars or something, especially equipment, it's always to better to get it brand new. It's specs are not bad for what you're looking for. The i5 seems to be able to run beyond 2Ghz, which is good. 4GB RAM and the intel HD graphics 3000 are also good enough to manage with.
All in all, the specs are decent, and the price is good. If you think this will suit your needs, then go for it. I only advise you to get a new one and NOT a refurbished one. :)

Solution