What to do with old laptop?

SublimeOrange

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
I have an old laptop about 4 years old and since I have no use for it anymore I was wondering what i should do with it? I cant sell it because the hinges are bad and the screen has a few dead pixels but was leaning towards taking it apart and trying to sell some parts from it, such as the CPU and RAM and keeping the HDD to make a backup drive for games, music etc, would i be able to sell the parts/get much for them? is it worth it? any other ideas?

The laptop is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li2727 +1GB RAM

Thanks

-SublimeOrange :)

Quaddro

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
well..i have old laptop too..centrino Pentium M 1.7Ghz

I make it as a download machine..also as an internet server..:D

Saving electricity bill, alot i think...:D

Rather than turn on my 750watt psu whole night just for download something..

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

Bingo!

Or you could use it as a portable media machine! Hook it up to your friends TV with a simple cable and viola!

Mind you, these days you can pick up 32GB USB sticks for pennies, and most modern TV's come with USB in, so that idea will be ancient soon. :)

I have a nearly 10 year old IBM ThinkPad T40 in perfect working condition with a blazing 1.5GHz Pentium M (well it was considered decently fast back in the day...). I replaced the original hard drive last year, simply because it was almost 9 years old. I'm keeping it around just in case something catastrophic happens and we get knocked back into the stone age.

I'll have a laptop that I can use.... Oh wait... Stone Age... that means no electricity!! Damn!! I need to think this out again...