Building my own laptop

colinter220

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Hello,

Recently I built my own desktop pc. It was a budget system and only costed $330 and plays skyrim on high and others on medium

I wanna build a laptop with similar specs.

Now i already picked out what components i want but there is one thing i dont have and that is a chassis. I have looked everywhere and cannot find anything ): I need a laptop chassis that can hold an amd cpu and a nvidia gpu

Thanks! :D

ram1009

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but here goes. If what you wanted were physically possible there would already be no more desktop computers. Hardly anybody builds their own laptop because it isn't cost effective and the choice of components is dismal. Laptop computers are NOT portable desktops and never will be.

chugot9218

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Laptops that can play games with that detail even from manufacturers probably start around 1500, and in building your own laptop you pay a premium for parts that manufacturers get quantity discounts on, leading it to no longer be cost effective to build your own.

Amartya

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Dude if you would have thought building laptops was so easy then you would have seen a flood of them.....thers no way you can be doing this give it up n settle down for a good tablet instead coz good gaming laptops NEVER come cheap

jonathan_569

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
building a laptop is possible if you have the right tools and you can design your own chassis.. I think you want to become Ben Heck... the closest thing i could suggest you is a mini-itx board and get all parts in low profile.. and construct yourself a simple chassis that will hold all your components in place.. as for the monitor... that's a bit tricky.. lol mind me, i'm still figuring out how to create my own laptop, customize.. but i wouldn' call it a laptop as i would call it a portable lan party rig.. :)