What would be a good 400 dollar or less tablet

computernoob29

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
this will be a gift for my dad, i let him take my bb playbook on a business trip and he loved it, so im thinking of teaming up with my mom to buy him a tablet for his birthday or christmas. and i know their are countless tablets that would deliver a better experience then a bb playbook. it needs to be able to write documents and play movies and it would be nice for it to have a camera on the outside, but its not a must considering my parents will probly be getting smartphones soon. i dont know if he would like a 7 inch or a 10 inch tablet, but it would be nice to find one under 400 bucks, i was looking at one of the asus tablets for the 10 inch, and the nexus 7 for the 7 inch, but i dont know if the nexus has a camera or not but again it shouldnt be a problem if it doesnt. his birthday is december 11 and you know when christmas is, we will probly end up getting him the tablet for christmas, so if their are any coming out before or in the beginning of december that i should wait for,let me know. thanks! :D

nvalhalla

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T with a keyboard dock should come in at $400 and give a great tablet experience with the added KB for word processing. If the budget allows, of course, the MS Surface would be even better. But that's an extra $200

computernoob29

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
yeah the microsoft surface would be nice, but its not available in canada yet and its out of the price range, i think ill just have to see what size of tablet he would like, and get either the nexus or the tf300 based on that.