Top End Gaming Laptop

Asyrin

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
1. What is your budget?

About $3500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

17"

3. What screen resolution do you want?

As high as possible.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Desktop Replacement

5. How much battery life do you need?

Not Important. Will be plugged in most of the time.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Warcraft, Skyrim style games at the highest possible setting.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Just game.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

Hard Drive Speed is far more important to me than size. In my current system I only use a single 128gb SSD. 240 or so should be plenty for me as long as it's fast.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

Open to reputable sites and build sites.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

3 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Just a DVD reader.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I'm an NVidia gamer and an Intel junkie. Nothing against AMD, I've just had negative experiences.

13. What country do you live in?

USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I'm a desktop gamer considering making the leap to laptop gaming. It's a hard leap for me, but I'm tired of lugging around $3500 of full size tower to LAN events and whatnot. This would be a complete replacement of my desktop gaming PC and I'd like something very, very close to that performance and am willing to pay for it.

I'm debating getting a small screen and just using an external monitor since they're relatively easy to move about.

Thanks in advance!

jackspeed

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
Your laptop will not be as good as your desktop period. My advice is as follows
for your $3.5k
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152359

and still have a 1.5k desktop that will blow the laptop out of the water. because the laptops have heating issues and sli laptops will have more heating issues.

If you want a 3.5k laptop then my advice is go with alienware or origin.

Or build your next pc in this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133044&Tpk=thermaltake%20lanbox

Watchful Raven

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
Not sure if I would go that route bud. $3500 laptop is like $1500 desktop dude. And since you don't want it for mobility since it'll be plugged in almost all the time, seems like you are using it as a desktop. My advice would be spend it on a desktop and quit whining about carrying it especially when you've got that extra cash lying around. It's not a big deal and the laptop will be crap compared to the desktop, and hopefully you would know that by now.