Laptop hibernation issues with new battery

qfsxs

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
I recently bought a new battery for my Sony Vaio laptop (vgn-nw235f) running windows 7 and I installed the patch for the BIOS that was provided with the battery. Ever since I started using this new battery I have encountered issues with the laptop randomly entering hibernation with plenty of battery left :??: .

This only seems to happen when my laptop is not plugged in and will happen at any power level. I have already messed around with the power plan for my laptop to ensure that it only goes into hibernation at critical levels, around 7%, without any success. I believe there is some sort of glitch that makes my computer think the battery is about to die and throws it into hibernation. My question is, is there a way to stop my laptop from hibernating on it's own? Secondly, will i still be able to put the computer manually into hibernation?

Will provide additional info on request.
Thanks for any and all help.

Solution
I could be wrong but if you did not have this problem before it sounds like the BIOS patch may be the problem. Have you checked the BIOS setting since you installed the patch? I just read, link below, that Sony requires a firmware update before using any third party batteries. There may be something here that may help: http://www.battpros.com/sonyupdate.html

qfsxs

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012

Yeah I think I'll give this update a try and see if it fixes the problem. Thx for the link