CHANGE MY IP ADDRESS

Your IP address is determined by your internet service provider. I have Time Warner Cable and my IP address has been the same since I 1st got internet cable service. The only way that I might be able to change my IP address is to cancel my account and then re-open the account. But that means I will go without service for a few days.

nieur

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
There are two methods by which your ISP gives you IP address one is Dynamic IP and other is Static IP. If your ISP provides dynamic IP then each time you dial new session it gives the IP from available pool of addresses. For dynamic IP simply restarting the Modem will acquire new IP address. For static IP as 'jaguarskx' suggested fixed IP is assigned to you by ISP when you get the new connection. It doesn't change unless you get the new connection

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
You might want to look at why you (e.g. firewall) are "blocking someone" - if this is the cause then you should be able to unblock (depending on if it's safe to / you really want to?).

....but you need to clarify exactly what you mean - we need more info on the problem.