Dell Inspiron 5520 IN-RD31-6263 for the Sims 3

NG1410

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a new laptop that will be able to handle the Sims 3 games- including all expansions packs.

I looked at some laptop choices in my budget range and the Dell Inspiron 5520 IN-RD31-6263 looks like a suitable one for me, but unfortunately I'm no expert so I need some help before making the final decision.

Is this a good choice, or should I look for something else?

Is the i7 really better than the i5? Should I get an i5 and maybe look for a different graphic card? Should I focus on something else maybe because I really want to enjoy playing the Sims 3 on high graphic settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Solution
Hmmm... looks that laptop model is exclusive to Israel.

It is more than enough to play the Sims 3 since it has a quad core i7-3612QM and a Radeon HD 7670m. It only has a 1366x768 resolution screen though.

The Sims 3 only uses 1 core so if that is the primary game you will be playing, then you really do not need a quad core CPU. A dual core CPU will be fine for games. I use my dual core i5-2410m to play games and it does just fine. I do recommend looking for a screen with a higher resolution like 1600x900. My 14" Lenovo Y470 only has a 1366x768 resolution screen and I find it to be a bit restrictive when I am trying to multitask. Surfing the web with a low resolution like that is okay, but even for that I would like a higher...

NG1410

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012

Well, my current Lenovo g550 meets the requirements, but I play on the lowest graphic settings and it still lags.
I'm looking for a laptop that can handle the game in high settings...

Hmmm... looks that laptop model is exclusive to Israel.

It is more than enough to play the Sims 3 since it has a quad core i7-3612QM and a Radeon HD 7670m. It only has a 1366x768 resolution screen though.

The Sims 3 only uses 1 core so if that is the primary game you will be playing, then you really do not need a quad core CPU. A dual core CPU will be fine for games. I use my dual core i5-2410m to play games and it does just fine. I do recommend looking for a screen with a higher resolution like 1600x900. My 14" Lenovo Y470 only has a 1366x768 resolution screen and I find it to be a bit restrictive when I am trying to multitask. Surfing the web with a low resolution like that is okay, but even for that I would like a higher resolution so that I can see more things on the screen at once.

Solution

NG1410

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
Thank you for your answer :)

I will try and see if I can find a laptop with a higher resolution, but currently this laptop meets all the other requirements, and it is within my budget limit.

I will be glad to hear other laptop recommendations.