Sony Vaio, Requires Attention!

Dj510O

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
So I received my brother's laptop, that contained many issues. He sent it to me so I can fix it, and that he bought a MacBook. The first issue was the password, the laptop wasn't his, it was his friend's. His friend gave it to him, but forgot about the password. Also, the computer had two partitions that loaded in start-up, one that was titled "Windows Restore" and "Windows 7", the Windows Restore was malfunctioning and Windows 7 was obviously the default boot disk. I logged on, and the OS was Windows 7 Ultimate, and it was obviously pirated since it wasn't genuine. The C: drive was VERY messy. Then I went to the partitions and set the C: drive as default allowing me to delete the other partition (Windows Restore). Now it boots up normally, but there was also the WiFi being lost. There is a physical switch that has a visible light indicator, but wouldn't respond to any action. Leading to WiFi, useless. I'm not sure if the driver was deleted, but I want to fully restore the system to factory default. The thing is, there is no disk for it, but the Product Key is still under the computer, with entitlement "Windows 7 Home Prem OA". So is there anywhere I can get a Windows 7 Home Premium boot disk, and I can just simply enter the Product Key in? Or a more specific restore disk, for my Sony Vaio? I only received the charger and the laptop itself, and so is there any discs or drivers that I would need that would help in restoring my computer? There are also Sony software that it is endowed with so there should be a disk or some sort. Hopefully you can find the programs on their website? The information I can give is the MODEL PCG-61A14L. Basically, I'm trying to find out where to find a Windows 7 restore/boot disk to restore my Sony Vaio MODEL PCG-61A14L that would solve my WiFi problem as well. And to find out if there is any other disks or place to download at that have all the programs, software, and drivers that came with this laptop as if it were brand new and factory default.

rgd1101

Don't
If the product key on the computer is legit, you can try reinstall windows 7.
http://techpp.com/2009/11/11/download-windows-7-iso-official-direct-download-links/
download the bootable and the correct version.
check sony website to download drivers.

Dj510O

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012

Thanks for the response Brett! I don't understand why you cannot help me when you are indeed against this piracy act, I'm trying to fix it as well. I should've been searching online instead of wasting my time here, which is what I did right now. I've found a great article to get me started.

Dj510O

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012

The product key does say "Windows 7 Home Prem OA" but I don't know what bit it is (32-bit or 64-bit). I've been looking into this for a while, and I can't find an answer. Do you have any idea?