jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
why is kazaa placing more spywares in the new version.
They're bloating my pc with garbage. And can't even be disabled in the installation.

<font color=blue>
My computer is <b>sooo fast</b>,
It finished <b>SETI</b> in <b>10 seconds.</b>
<font color=blue>

Caimbeul

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003
both suck. Kazaa lite still has spyware regardless of what is said. Im guessing you are using it for music etc? if so use emule instead, much much better for it and much more.

Be careful of the legal action the R.I.A.A. is taking against alot of people using said apps though especially kazaa and grogkster or whatever it is.

<i>Mmm Dawn AND Eve at the same time...Drroooooll
-------------------------------------------------
<b>XP2100+, 1Gb RAM, ASUS A7N8X, PNY 64Mb Ti4200. :cool:

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
i use kazaa for music, i have almost a thousand of mp3's downloaded through kazaa and use my cd-burner to create audio cds and sell them in the public.

<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
But be very careful since now the majority of kazaa users are now spies looking into your share folder for illegal software. Also there are traps out there looking for people that will DL from them and then will nail you then. Really the best thing you can do if you use this app is IMMEDIATELY move all your downloads from the shared folder to somewhere else. Youre better off using newsgroups. Really these P2P apps are becomming more troublesome than they are worth.

F-DISK-Format-Reinstal DO DA!! DO DA!!

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
i always transfer my downloaded files to other folders after downloa.d.

<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
winmx seems to be a good alternative. But lacks a lot of functionalitym in kazaa. But at least no spywares

<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
unless i want to use resource hogging firewalls and anti-spyware & adwares.

<font color=blue>
<i>COMPUTERS</i> need <b>UPGRADES</b>; <i>UPGRADES</i> need <b>MONEY</b>,
"but" <b>MONEY</b> - heck, <i>it's no easy task. :eek: </i>
</font color=blue>

cauldar1971

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002
Take the number of people that have been subpoenaed then divide that number by the number of people that you see sharing files the next time you open up Kazaa. Do you SEE what the the odds are that you, personally, will be targetted?

If you think you're likely to be a victim of those odds, then you, my friend, had better go buy a Lotto ticket IMMEDIATELY.

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
and hope he wins.

<font color=green>If your nose <b>RUNS</b>, and feet <b>SMELLS</b>.
Then you must be born <b>UP-SIDE DOWN</b>.</font color=green>

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Actually getting the subpoena is another story. That probably have thousands of people on file already but havent got to actually mailling the damned letter to you. Kids are getting sued for just dowloading one mp3 or having one mp3 in their shared folder.

I would really love to see a class-action lawsuit done against the RIAA for invasion of privacy for those bastards have no right prodding into my computer for mp3s. The RIAA is a dying-desperate industry that has gone so low and ignorant that they are suing their customer to buy thier crap. The industry just needs to be replaced with less ignorant people.

Maybe if they put out a descent product then poeple would buy them again. I for one will not waste 20 bucks for a CD that will have only 2 tracks worth wild.

F-DISK-Format-Reinstal DO DA!! DO DA!!