Android 4.0 netbooks

BrickBrain

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
Hi guys.

So I'm a student and I have a nice big chunky 15 inch laptop for my general needs which does fine, but is rather on the heavy side so I don't find it the best for carrying to uni. I was looking into buying a cheap netbook for that purpose, but they're all not-that-cheap-at-all.

Then I stumbled upon the ARM netbooks, the no-brand 7" laptops floating around ebay and amazon with Android 2.0 or Windows CE installed on them.

So my question is: has anyone ever used one of those? Do you have any opinions about them? I will only use it to write documents, won't even connect to uni wireless, so I think it might be the solution I am looking for. I appreciate all opinions, do not be afraid to give me your 2p :)

P.S. Here's an example of the one I am currently looking at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0090463E4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=APT3IFMQZTYQY

And an older version:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/7inch-Laptop-Android-Via8650-Netbook/dp/B005M1Y5WG/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1348091443&sr=1-1

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
You get what you pay for in this case garbage. Forget about typing any documents on it, since there is no word. The proessors are slow and the webbrowsers are terrible. Frankly I honestly think the time of netbooks is over. I've switched long since to a 13-14 inch notebook and I love them. If your looking at something small to just read mails quick and so on I'd consider tablet or a more portable laptop, but not a netbook!

If netbook, probably the lowest I would go would be a DM1bby hp but that's 350 pounds.

BrickBrain

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012

Thanks for your reply, Supermunche.

My problem is that I don't want anything too large and bulky, my backpack is heavy enough as it is. But all of the manufacturers seems to have stopped producing 10-11" laptops for some reason which is beyond me. Maybe there is no demand any more.. Anyways, I guess these little suckers are out of the game :D