Need help choosing a graphics card for Laptop! :D

Enjuw

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Hello everyone! Well guys I just noticed that my laptop does not have dedicated graphics card, can you tell me which ones are compatible for my motherboard here are the details:
Toshiba Satellite R630m
Intel Core i5 quad core 450m @2.40ghz
4gb of installed RAM
ACPI x64 PC

I have Intel HD graphics and i am looking for ATI radeon ones.I have a 200-250$ budget also I won't be playing high end games just League of Legends, Minecraft and Guild Wars 2

Here is my laptop if you need any other reference http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/laptops/toshiba-satellite-r630-review-50000725/ THANK YOU FOR your time

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
And how do you plan on going about changing it?
It's possible to upgrade the Mobile GPU chips in some models of laptops and requires quite a bit of know-how.
In your case, I see that as a too far out possibility of trying to change the GPU in that laptop even if it were possible.
IMO--- Sell this and get one with the kind of GPU you want.

purple stank

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
Only the highest end of laptops(gaming laptops mostly) is it possible to change the GPU.But even then it's a slim chance whether it's possible or not.In short you can't upgrade the graphics of your laptop.

Was your HP pavillion a desktop?

Enjuw

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Well is there any way i can increase my League of Legends FPS its currently at 25 on low settings and I hate to see a good laptop go to waste because it lacks a dedicated video card :(

myowaiwin

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
this is not the proper answer u want because i also believe it's very difficult or not possible to install a graphic chip into laptop mobo.

but u should just try update ur intel graphic drive to latest, just adjust ur resolution and lower down some setting to get your favourable frame rate and quality

cheers!