HOW TO CONNECT A LAPTOP TO TV USING HDMI CABLE

leoteecy

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Hello,
I have been trying to connect my Dell laptop to the TV withut success> Both my TV and Laptop can accept HDMI cables.

I managed to connect my laptop screen onto the TV screen but only the wallpaper on my laptop screen appeared on the TV screen, without all the icons on my laptop screen.

I am a senior citizen and I am not IT trained. I would appreciate your giving me a step-by-step guide to a successful connection of my laptop to the TV. I have been trying to do this for two days now, without success.

I thank you for your kind attention.

Solution
if you have windows 7 or vista, hold the windows logo key down and tap "P" until it says "extend". windows XP requires playing around with properties by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting properties. extend acts like a second monitor so you can drag windows from one to the other. "duplicate" is a copy of your laptop screen.

doct3rphil

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
if you have windows 7 or vista, hold the windows logo key down and tap "P" until it says "extend". windows XP requires playing around with properties by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting properties. extend acts like a second monitor so you can drag windows from one to the other. "duplicate" is a copy of your laptop screen.

Solution