Best business Notebook

ff6shadow

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
Does anyone have recommendations for the best business laptop (one that has high battery life, good quality build, and matte screen)? Those are the main concerns. The second concern is that I want one with a 3610 or 3612 (higher is ok too). I will settle for another IB processor, but really want a 3610 or 3612. Thanks for any and all help.

Price range: $800-1200

Solution
Take a look at Lenovo ThinkPad T series. They are more or less bullet proof. I considered them to be semi-rugged laptops which means they more rugged than most other consumer laptops, but not as rugged as laptop as rugged laptops like Panasonic's Toughbook series which can be used in extreme environments like Antarctica, deserts and the jungle.

ThinkPad T series can be dropped on 6 feet onto a hard floor and still operate. I've seen quite a few videos of it. They can also survive a 30 feet drop onto a.... carpeted floor.While not pretty ThinkPad T series have survived a 30MPH collision with a wall. It didn't look pretty, but it did turn on which means you can salvage the data off of the hard drive before the laptop full fails.
Take a look at Lenovo ThinkPad T series. They are more or less bullet proof. I considered them to be semi-rugged laptops which means they more rugged than most other consumer laptops, but not as rugged as laptop as rugged laptops like Panasonic's Toughbook series which can be used in extreme environments like Antarctica, deserts and the jungle.

ThinkPad T series can be dropped on 6 feet onto a hard floor and still operate. I've seen quite a few videos of it. They can also survive a 30 feet drop onto a.... carpeted floor.While not pretty ThinkPad T series have survived a 30MPH collision with a wall. It didn't look pretty, but it did turn on which means you can salvage the data off of the hard drive before the laptop full fails.

Solution

ff6shadow

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
I appreciate the reply. I bought a Thinkpad E430, and I'm happy with that choice. It is the best laptop/notebook I've ever purchased for sure, and I've had about 4-5 before this of various brands. I'm probably going to buy another E430 or T430 in a week or two.