Problem w/ Battery Charger (Dell Inspiron N5110)

aprilt20

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Hi,

I have a 6 month old Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop computer, and for the past week I've been having trouble with the battery charger.

Whenever I plug my laptop in a message pops up saying, "The AC power adapter type cannot be determined."

Normally, I would just unplug the computer from the charger, and the charger from the wall and then replug everything after a few minutes to get it working again, but I'm a little worried that this Charger issue may be either the cause or symptom of a bigger problem.

Is there anyone with experience in this issue that can help me out?

aprilt20

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Hm, can't seem to find the "edit" button on here.

Anyway ,my laptop suddenly froze, restarted, and then showed the following message when it turned back on on-

Realtek PCIe FE Family controller Series v1.19(08/10/09)
PXE-EGI-Media test failure,check cable
PXE-MOF-Exiting PXE ROM

Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

berrymartin

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Remove the battery and charger/ac adapter/power cord from your Dell inspiron n5110 laptop, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds to discharge any residual current inside the laptop. This clears your RAM and is like a hardware reset. Replace the battery and charger/ac adapter/power cord and turn your laptop on........Go here

Regards,
Berry