Cops Go All Out in Chase for Stolen Android Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
I would be so pissed. I have so much stuff on my phone. Thats why I hardly ever let anyone barrow my phone, cuz I'm paranoid about this happening. He made a good choice in the phone he stole though :)

oldscotch

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
It doesn't matter if it's jaywalking, if the police tell you to stop and you run, you can bet your life they'll send everything they've got after you.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Why would you steal a phone nowdays when the owner can just get it bricked in 10 minutes with a call to the telco provider?

Am I missing something?

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
And I would have thought they had better things to do then catch petty thieves :( The owner could have done better on foot had he had the presence of mind I think, and I wonder who called the cops and on who's phone anyway:) Wouldn't be surprised if it was the thief himself getting back at the beat cop...... Or for all you know, the thief was actually running after or chasing another thief who had stolen his cell phone and had called the cops to apprehend the first thief where they mistook him to be the thief lol

D

Deleted member 410608

[citation][nom]lassik[/nom]Why did he give his new phone to some stranger anyway?![/citation]

Helping someone in need perhaps ? Some people are nice you know.

garyshome

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Stolen Phone Public Safety? I cannot guess how much that cost. Your tax dollars at work. Would it have been cheeper to buy the guy a new phone?

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]Wow the super pigs are at it again over a cell phone. There is a reason why I hate cops.[/citation]

And and it's the apparent reason that you think all cops are like this, therefore, you hate them all, until you have one of your relatives become an officer, then it just confuses you past exponential possibilities

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
Also, what's the point in the original "don't they have better things to do?" If that's the case, then cops everywhere should NEVER follow up with a stolen phone, why even bother then? Oh wait, it's not moral...

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
I wonder how much helicopter fuel was consumed looking for this dude. It would have been cheaper if the police to have cut this poor dude a check for his phone and called it a loss. Mad props for the effort though.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
wow a helicopter instead of asking the owner for the number to his phone calling it and tracing it's location was cheaper, faster and smarter?
i think california cops need to just stick to beating whacked out drug addicts resisting arrest. it's about the only intelligent thing they are capable of!

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]Wow the super pigs are at it again over a cell phone. There is a reason why I hate cops.[/citation]

until YOUR house gets broken into, or until its YOUR friend/family member/self that gets assaulted then you'll call and expect them to resolve the situation...

cops are good, sure there are some corrupt bad ones, but for every one of those there are a thousand honest good hard working people just trying to help people out and uphold the law.

in this case sure was the helicopter necessary? probably not but hey what if that person broke into a house was armed and held the family hostage to try and not get caught. maybe the officer believed the individual was a threat to public saftey, if thats the case then by all means send in a chopper to attempt to catch the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.