MSI Laptop Question

kajabla

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
What are you going to be using this thing for? You can get away with spending much less than this for most common uses, and if you're doing serious gaming you should consider a desktop.

i7HD

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012

i'm in a awkward situation, my parents are getting split and i enjoy playing video games/ editing and using a computer for everyday basic stuff. The problem is my current computer is a 5 year old sli build and its starting to get problems and cant play the games that i would prefer to play. So, with my parents getting split i would either need 2 desktops (one for each house) or one laptop that i would bring back and forth between each house.

jackspeed

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
You might be suprised but 2 desktops can be cheaper. The series launched in may this is the second "model"(not the right word) using the gtx675. that came out in june There are a 2 options that are newer with the 680 but they are more expensive. The cheaper one is 2.2k.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152359

If you would like to wait you could and you may find a better deal on this or a comparable one in late November. Intels 3rd gen i7 came out in April 2012. so you may be waiting 6ish months(minimum) for a truly new model.