Adding an SSD Hard drive to an Acer Aspire V3-571G-6602

Nanaz

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Hello peoples, thanks for reading.

I am going to be buying an Acer Aspire V3-571G-6602 ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1050938 ) and am hoping to put an SSD drive in it, but I have a couple questions that I haven't been able to figure out after some research.

1) Will there be an extra input on the motherboard for me to add this SSD Drive? (As opposed to having to replace my HDD with the SSD)

2) If I could add it instead of replacing it, would there be space in the case for this? I know taking out the CD drive is supposed to be pretty easy, so I thought I might be able to stick it in that area and just ditch the CD drive. Thoughts?

3) If I can only have one drive in this laptop, you think I would be able to run with just a 128GB SSD drive? It seems to me it wouldn't be terrible, but I don't know for sure. So you have some idea of what I'll be using it for: I'll have windows 7, a couple games (League of legends and Rift) and will be using this for college as a computer science major with a focus on networking and security. As I'm not in the major yet, I'm not really sure how much hard drive space those project would be taking. I'd love a 250gb drive, but I'm on a budget and can't really afford it, and have a desktop at home with 1tb for my larger storage needs.

Anyways, any and all feedback would be great, thanks!

Edit: After browsing a bit, I'm actually considering looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246494&nm_mc=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r&cm_mmc=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r-_-Notebooks-_-Lenovo-_-34246494 instead, I see that it is one GB less in the video memory, even though it is the same model of card. Not sure if this would be a large step down, but considering I wouldn't have to bother with upgrading the RAM, I think I would save like $150. And maybe this computer has an extra input? Dunno...

Second Edit: After some more research: I am SO confused on which one to get at this point. What I want is the most power I can get out of a computer that costs me no more than $600, and then I will buy a $100 SSD drive to put in it, preferably it will have an extra slot so I can utilize both the SSD and HDD.

Solution