Lenovo Y560 motherboard problems (urgent) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

francoisvdm100

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Hi there, I would like to ask your advice, about a year and 6 months ago I brought the lenovo Y560 with a I7 processor in. I had it for about a month and the laptop one day randomlly didn't switch on, I send it in and they repaired it claiming there was something wrong on the motherboard, but I think they just did a fix and not replaced it. I didn't use the laptop often, about five times a month at max, a year and 2 months went by and I started a new job and used it daily, then the screen started flickering but will come right after adjustment, then randomly the screen just went blank, I tried displaying it on a normal screen but nothing.
By this time my waranty of a year had expired so I send it in to a private laptop repair guy.
He said I have to replace the motherboard.The laptop new costed me about $1300 here in south africa.The new motherboard and repairs will cost me $558. I paid a lot and really don't want to waste the investment and i7 capabilities as I don't have money to buy a new other hi end laptop.

My question is this:
A. Does it sound like a motherboard problem
B. Is it worth replacing or do you think it will give me the same problems in the future
C.Is the guy repairing it ripping me off?
D.Does these lenovo Y560's have a reputation for bad motherboards or breaking alot/easily
E. Does the whole motherboard need to be replaced if there is a problem with the grpahics card circuit on the motherboard?

killerhurtalot

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2012
Well... it's a laptop... it's not really modularized like a desktop is... Other than the ram and HDD, it's usually designed with everything soldered in place and non removable or very hard to remove...

Either way, it'll cost a lot of money to repair anything on a laptop...

lis_40

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
I had same problem. Y560 i7 8gb motherboard, driver and case if very cheap (breaks easily) very poor response or support with Lenovo. They appear to stall the solution so your warranty runs out.

This is my first Lenovo purchase. In the 20+ years in the tech industry, its one of the poorest quality laptops Ive ever seen. Hopefully others will speak out as well as I believe a class action suit is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.