Toshiba Satellite L755-S5217 abruptly shutting off.

rolltide101x

Honorable
Apr 2, 2012
I have not put much research into this yet, I am going to continue looking as I wait for answers from Ya'll.

This computer is just under one year old, sometimes it just instantly loses power and shut completely off. The battery does not appear to be charging properly but I am not for sure if it is a power issue with the battery or with the power connecter.

Two lights on the computer continuously blink in sequence. One is for the battery and the other has the "power icon"
http://37signals.com/svn/images/FC_icons/icon-power-button.gif not sure what to call it other than that lol

Besides this issue the computer is running fine. It is still in warranty and I intend to talk to Toshiba about it tomorrow. Any suggestions to what it could be? Thanks for any help. If you have any further questions please ask.

Also I took this screenshot, the battery is not charging. I guess it has a bad cell? (This is my GF's laptop btw lol)
http://ubuntuone.com/1yJ75yq31N4sOiaWkd7lJR

The battery will charge if you plug it in and do not move the adapter at all. So it seems its a bad power port and the battery is going dead because the port isnt working properly so it is just shutting off when the port decides to not take a charge at all? But that doesnt fully make sense since the battery was at 6% roughly and kept it on when we unplugged it for a few minutes. Any help?

TPR

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
I know exactly what your problem is. I have the same laptop and encountered the same problem. I called Toshiba, and they said it was a problem with the battery having a static electricity build-up. To fix it, you need to take the following steps (in exact order) : unplug your laptop from the charger, unplug the battery completely from the laptop, plug the battery back in, power on the laptop. Once it's powered back on, you can plug the charger back in. Luckily my warranty lasts until April of next year. I found out about this issue a few months ago, but just haven't wanted to deal with the hassle of sending it back. I just got an external hard drive to back up my data, so I will be sending it back soon. I wonder how many of their laptops have this issue. In my 15+ years of using laptops, I have NEVER had a problem like this occur. EVER. It's ridiculous. It happens AT LEAST once or twice a day, EVERY SINGLE DAY. Besides that, the laptop works great. But that's a big "besides"...

TRENDING THREADS