Dell 1558 getting powered off immediately

jokerb

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Hi,

I have Dell 1558 with core i5 4GB/win7 working fine for last 2 years. It's NOT under warranty (is of 2 years old - was under warranty for first 1 year only) now.

Recently it started a problem of getting powered off automatically.

I tried with working power adapter and working battery both gave me same behaviour. So I opened the laptop completely and found LOT of dust at CPU fan and other parts. Cleaned and reassembled and then it worked fine without any problems for 2-3 days.

Just now I got this problem again and the problem is consistent now.
The latest behaviour is it simply gets powered off within 2-4 seconds after powering ON. CPU fan is functioning but making loud noise.

Pls advise,
Thanks
Prvn

dextermat

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Hi,

Can you boot into bios: from there you could check cpu temps.

Another thing you could check is the psu because it's probably low quality and is probably full of dust too.
Good luck

jokerb

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012

Fan seems to fine becoz it's rotating but noise a bit loud. How can I exactly confirm that prob with CPU fan?
Thanx

jokerb

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012

It's getting off in 2-4 seconds can't get into bios.
I cleaned it completely n no dust at psu
Is there anything else I can look into?
Thanx

jokerb

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Thanks for replies.

I did what you suggested and now the fan is completely dead (not rotating at all).

Could the problem be with just fan or cable or mother PS circuitry board? Please suggest.

I'm from UK and please suggest from where to buy parts in case of faulty cpu fan?

Thanks
Bhvn

TRENDING THREADS