Help with choosing a laptop!! >< A very lost student.

melodymuse

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
Hello,
1. What is your budget? 600-800

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14-15"? As long as its about 5 lbs. the lighter the better.

3. What screen resolution do you want? uhhhh honestly im not too good with this so no idea. I dont play video games, the most I do is online streaming

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable

5. How much battery life do you need? at least 3?

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? If i ever do go back to playing video games, it should be low...

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Photo editing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I have lots of photos and videos of family and friends. I do have an external hard drive that my dad is bought me

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. anywhere, but i need the laptop asap. im leaving in about a week, but i could come back as im only about 3 hours away from home.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 4 years. the longer the better.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD and CD player?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
im clueless when it comes to technology :X i started some of my own research but im still sort of confused. like my dad told me to buy the lenovo y480 i7, friend said i should get the dell inspirion 15r, another friend suggested an asus... im overwhelmed!!

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I'm going to start college in the fall, so i need a fast and portable laptop for class.
i have a laptop that my parents bought for me about 3 years ago?? it's a compaq and i hate it, always freezes on me. i had a dell before the compaq but that was maybe like 6 years ago. i didnt really like as it was bulky.

melodymuse

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

Thank you for replying! :)
would this laptop last for a couple of years? i tend to have about 20 tabs open.

austing

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Oh yes, the 2.5Ghz processor and 4 cores will alow for alot of multi tasking.

The 6GBs of RAM will be enough, but you MIGHT, want to use 30$ and upgrade to 8GB's. (Changing Laptop ram isnt very difficult)

It will last you quite a while!

*I have a 2 Core laptop with 4GB's of RAM, and I'm still using it today hehe*