Help buying new laptop

thisguy

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Hello I just dropped my best friend HP pavillion DV5 and destoryed it.

I need help finding a new laptop. I already know the basics on what makes one laptop better than another componet wise.

1. I need a laptop that is easy to work on/Upgrade. Something where I can just remove that back panels and have access to the GPU, CPU, Ram, and harddrive.

2. A laptop that doesn't have any known defects. Example my DV5 had issues with the fan and overheating. Another Example the dell XPS series has problems with the GPU craping out on them.

3. High preformance i would like atleast i5 or better and a semi-highend dedicated GPU not bleeding edge. Not sure just how much juice i need my DV5 had a 2.5 Ghz Intel core 2 duo CPU, Nvidia 9600M GT GPU 500MB GPU, 3 Gb of Ram, and did nearly everything I wanted untill it had overheating problems due to poor Heatsink and Fan design.

I would like to keep this under 700 the cheaper the better obivously. A tall order I know and thank you so much in advance for any response.

thisguy

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Thanks for the reply and your right those are all great budget gaming laptops. However, I just completely dissembled my HP and reassembled and now it works fine with a external screen. So not giving up on it yet.

TRENDING THREADS