Gaming for 400-600 $

clickking1

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
1. What is your budget?

400 - 600 USD

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

any

3. What screen resolution do you want?

any

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need?

1hr

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

WoW mostly but im always looking for new games.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

gaming mostly

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

i dont need any set ammount but the more the merrier

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

none

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

at least 2 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

none jus usb connections

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

i hear ATI is better for gaming but whatever fits the price range is more inportant

13. What country do you live in?

USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

i dont tend to prefer crysis like graphix intensive games but dont wana be limited in preformance, basicly looking for the best bang for my buck in a gaming environment, TIA

clickking1

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012

thanx i guess im just worried ill end up buying somthing subpar, ive been out of the computer game for a while and i see all these 1k and up gaming rigs and i dont think i need all that but idk where to try and save money, maybe skimping on the processor and looking for a grafix card with 1g dedicated memory. or getting the minimum 4g memory and upgrading later when i can afford it. or would i be better off getting a barebones model without an os. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. tia

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
The more you pay, the less increase in performance you're going to get.. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. But of course, if you want a gaming laptop that can play the latest games on high-ultra settings, you're going to be shelling out well over 1k.

clickking1

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
yeh im not really into the newest games or the ultra settings i just wana be competative in wow or wings of liberty or league of ledgends, i just can not lag, lol id rather walk around as a pixelated blob as long as i can own some face =P so in your oppinion as long as i have 4g ram and a decent grafix card ill be ok? btw youve been a real help

clickking1

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
thanx to all for your help! A special shoutout to hpfreak for the back and forth dedication to the thread, i can tell your a pillar of the communtiy =). I decided to buy the Acer 5560G. the GPU looks nice and at the price i can not complain, i feel like im getting the bang for my buck and even my friends with more expensive rigs are envious of the money i saved.