How to go about M17x GPU replacement??

Nuu

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
Sup guys, I have a m17x and had to take 2 years off immediately after I bought it because of an accident. Needless to say, I need a new card.

EDIT: ATM I have a GTX 285M SLi & this Alienware laptop M17x-R2. At first I thought it was just an R1, but apparently it's an R2. Haha

Anyways, idk how to go about looking for a new card. I've already verified they can be replaced, but some people were talking about PCI motherboard or something...making sure to buy a new SLi bridge...idk I'm just very confused.

Could someone give me a step by step...?

Nuu

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012

Great thanks! Do I need to worry about PCI thingy? Or anything else?

1. Have you checked for how much you can sell it? maybe it would be better to get some new gaming laptop

2. First step would be the service manual so you can check exactly how to take it apart.

Idk how much I can sell it for...I'm trying to keep it atm, especially since I live in Canada where computers REALLY suck. But I'll check into prices anyways :)

Jnman

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
Youtube vids, easy as pie as the Alienware laptops are made to be easily upgradable. High-end laptop gpus are expensive, if you have 285s sli'd you should be able to play newer games no prob unless they're broken or you feel the need to run everything on ultra-high at 60fps. If the latter is the case you'll need a new laptop.