Acer 5830TG - No Battery Detected

RikuMichaels

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Hey guys.

I'm using an Acer TimeLineX 5830TG laptop. I've been using it normally for the last few months, enjoying the immense battery life. It's great.
However, last night, I left it turn on to complete a download, and, when I turned it on this morning, it could not detect a battery. I didn't realise this, and, unplugged it to take it to the other room. It turned off in a flash, just completely died. Since then, it can't detect a battery, or turn on without the power cord plugged in. :(

Any advice to fix this guys? Would reinstalling Windows fix this problem? what can I do?

Thanks everyone.

Riku

mrfox560

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012

Hi Riku, I have the exact same problme, the battery on my 5830t has been missing since yesterday. di you od anything to bring it back or install an update or somethiign or did it simply come back on it's own?

thanks

PsychoHobbes

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
I have an issue where my laptop says that there is 0% battery remaining when the computer is plugged in.

The computer will charge to a certain point and then the battery indicator will flash '0% remaining'.
The computer will then not charge and it will run down until the battery is dead.
Only way to solve the problem is to shut the computer down and restart it, even then sometimes the issue happens again.

Ever see a problem like this?
Wondering if I need to replace the battery or if I can fix it somehow.
My issue is that I'm currently abroad and need my computer for work.