1920x1080 res laptop $800

Komomu

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
I'll be gaming on it a bit (not much) and I'll be throwing in an ssd to make it a "bit" faster ;)

I know resolution is a hell of a category to base my laptop requirements on but most laptops with this resolution will more than likely be over the $800 mark. If it only has 4gb of ram, no problem because I'll just buy another stick of memory. and as I said the hdd will not matter since ill be using an ssd as the main drive and ill just put in a caddy where the cd drive is and put the ssd in there maybe (depending on which drive the bios views as primary [if it matters])

i would like a gt630m or higher but if I can't find that, then oh well.

I prefer amazon or newegg, unfortunately because I do not live in America (and don't have an american card) I can't buy from xoticpc ;( (wire transfers are too annoying)

If I'm missing anything just ask. :)

Thanks in advance

Komomu

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
wow I didn't even know amd's apu could cost that much :)

but yea that is completely overshadowed by any intel/nvidia (gt630m) setup so I wouldnt want to waste my money on that really

Thanks for the quick response though

ix1911

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011

Even if you don't have an American card, usually you can place an order by phone with any regular international card.

Once you order by phone - you might get an email in 2-3 hours saying the payment didn't go trough (that's around the time it takes most companies to see if they can charge you).

In that case - just call the company again and they should be able to charge you.

I did that with Dell last week - called, placed an order, 20 min after the call I got an email from their financial department saying there's a problem charging me, I called them and in around 5 min we got that problem sorted out (just by sending them another email with my address and bank name).

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Unless you buy a used or refurbished unit, your budget is going to limit your options (based on your desired requirements). Keep that in mind.

Good luck!

Well it's not an AMD APU in that laptop.

That laptop has an Intel Core i5-2450m and a Radeon HD 6470 graphic card. That's part of the reason why it is expensive. The other reason why it is expensive is the 1920x1080 screen. They usually appear on more expensive laptops.

Note that if you intend on playing games at 1920x1080 resolution then you really need a powerful graphics card to push that many pixels. I recommend at least a nVidia GTX 660m or better, then again that would your budget out of the water. And I would put more money into the laptop for a GTX 670m.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

+1. Spot on advice here!

Komomu

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009

There is no problem with me ordering through dell with an international card, but xoticpc does not accept international credit cards, even if it's visa/mastercard

Komomu

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009

I realize that but I would simply drop the res on it to 1366x768 or something for that, or run it in windowed mode.

If I was going to spend that much on a laptop though (to get the gtx660/670) I would just upgrade my desktop instead.