How to access bios on acer aspire 5720z

Status
Not open for further replies.

gritsngravy711

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
I have an Acer Aspire 5720z-4126 and it will not boot my OS. It gets to the loading screen for microsoft and never gets passed that to the log on screen....so im trying to access my BIOS and restore to factory default and i cannot seem to figure out how to do so....looking for advice from anyone ....greatly appreciated

gritsngravy711

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
yea, ive done that it doesnt bring up my BIOS ...says press F2 for setup and F12 for boot order ....on other laptops such as my toshiba i just had to press F12 at post and my BIOS showed right up .....ive read i should push F10 and alt+F10 at post and neither work...ive tried downloading the BIOS from acer.com and put it on a CD and change my boot priority to my disc drive and it wont load the disc first for some reason ..im baffled

bryonhowley

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Well F2 should be the correct key but with some laptops you have to press the key at just the right time. To fast and the keyboard has not been initialized yet to slow and you missed it and it is booting Windows.

gritsngravy711

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
for sure, ,im gonna keep trying cuz i know i can figure it out ...im not super knowledgeble in computers but im no dummy either. If all else fails i suppose ill resort to buying a legit restore cd for my laptop

lbald2229

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

Hi,
I have the same Acer laptop with the same problem after upgrading from 2GB to 4GB RAM. Was advised to update the BIOS, which I did. It still won't boot to Windows! I also tried changing the boot order, which did not help. I was wondering if you ever solved your problem and if so, PLEASE share the secret with me! I am at my wits end with this!
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Hi :)

Its normally F2 for that model...

DO THIS....

One finger on F2 key

With ANOTHER finger press start button

IMMEDIATELY start pressing f2 every SECOND

You can even start pressing F2 ...BEFORE you press start/power button (it will do no harm)

SO like this....

PRESS F2, PRESS POWER BUTTON, WAIT 1 SECOND PRESS F2,WAIT 1 SECOND PRESS F2,WAIT 1 SECOND PRESS F2,WAIT 1 SECOND PRESS F2,

All the best Brett :)

Status
Not open for further replies.