Forgot bios password

rjsmac

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
I created two passwords, one that I need to use when turning on the computer, I changed it the other day because my son figured it out and didn't write it down, I know my windows 7 password, I need to know if you've got a default password to bypass that and get into bios to change it again, I'll also need the one for the bios admin password because both are the same I've got an ASUS notebook

nukemaster

Distinguished
We do not normally help with password bypassing because we do not know who's computer it is. It is too easy for someone to swipe a computer and then come here and ask for how to get past a password.

That said, all the info you need is in the MB manual. If it is a pre-built, it is best to contact support.

Sorry if this is not super helpful.

funguseater

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Pretty sure your going to have to open up the case and reset the cmos/pull the battery. If its a laptop it gets tricky cause that cmos battery is hard to get to.

If the Bios maker did make a backdoor password (highly unlikely) I don't think they would post it anywhere...

Fungi

Hi Fungi :)

Owning a lappy repair company.... sometimes pulling the battery wont help , some lappies hardcode the password into the Bios chip... which then needs recoding...not fun :(

All the best Brett :)