Vertical lines on a Compaq nc6120 screen

Big_r

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Hi there,

for a couple of weeks now, I have a thick vertical line on the screen of my laptop.
it's about 2 inches wide and about 6 inches from the left side of the screen.
the appearance changes from time to time, but the location of the line always stays the same.
I guess that the color of the line depends on the basic color of the whole display - now it's quite white (white background of this webpage).
if I connect the laptop to an external screen I don't have this problem at all, no line is visible. So I guess it's not a matter of the graphic card.

I've heard a lot about flexing and stuff, but I don't know if this relates to my issue here.
Would be great if someone could point me into the correct direction.

huin2.jpg

ur57b.jpg

(last image is a close-up but turned sideways)
Richard.

Maxx_Power

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

I have seen this before when the video cable has problems or the LCD itself is damaged (doesn't have to be physical damage, could be a defect). When you move the screen back and forth, does the line change, or the colour of the line change ?

Big_r

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Thank you for your answer.
I'm Not sitting in Front of it right now but as far as i can remember it didn't Depend on the position of the Screen.
I opened the Laptop a couple of days ago and put some Pressure on the cable to the Screen from all Kinds of Sides but it didn't change anything.