Looking to buy gaming & school laptop ~$950

Zaderton

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
1. What is your budget?
around $950, upto $1025 including delivery to Toronto, Canada

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15 in

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Full HD 1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
above 4.5 hours will be amazing

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop?
Yes on highest setting possible or 1 grade below that, i like to see the full effects.
Games: LoL, Guild Wars 2, CS Global Offense, and new MMORPG games that you download.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Possibly some minor music editing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I have a macbook to be used for Photos + Music, so I dont need more than 320GB and an SSD 240 GB will be the best thing if possible.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I don't consider any, but the laptop i currently have in mind is :http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1EBYDY
but i want a better graphic card, also i dont care if its 2nd gen i7, as i understood there isn't much of a difference, only big difference is if its i5 to i7 (correct me if im wrong please).

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
anywhere from 3-4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Bluray will be great, but i also want to burn CD's, i don't know if it is possible with Bluray

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I would prefer Nvidia and Intel products, except for the SSD which can be any other company that runs it at writing speed of 500+. I don't have any reason, im not a computer genius but thats what i researched and have been told is the best if you have a nice budget.

13. What country do you live in?
Toronto, Canada

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
* I have a disc with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, so installed one isn't necessary.
* 8 GB of RAM is enough for now, and i want it to have 2 slots, so i can expand to 16gb in the future.
* SSD is not available now for cheap, maybe i can switch it later to an SSD if i get a regular HDD now? (correct me if im wrong).
* Tell me please what you think about the Cyberpowerpc laptop i customized and if it will match my needs, my only concern is the graphic card. I prefer a GTX 6__M one...
* You don't have to use all the budget money, the cheaper the better, if you can find me something around ~$850 (not including shipment and taxes) it will be the best.
* Also i would prefer US companies since i don't have to pay any taxes

Thanks a lot for all the kind helpers :) :hello:

Zaderton

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
Sorry but i can not find the free upgrades you mentioned for the Xotipc, also how come GT 650m is better than GT 640m when it has 1gb less memory? i thought the more vRam the better.

Zaderton

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
Also, should i be waiting? im not back in Canada until August 20th, but im afraid that the deals are gonna get worse :p what is your opinion????

Also please take a look at this system: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1EC0BK

the question is if it worth the $100 difference between my first suggestion, it gives me the GT 650m instead of the GT 640m and 4 RAM slots than 2.

Is there an actual noticable difference between the GT 650m and the 640m?